Generators convert mechanical energy into electrical energy. During operation, the generator components heat up more than the cooler. This causes greater expansion of the generator and therefore increases the strain on the sealing compound. BIRKOSIT Dichtungskitt® is designed to meet this demand with its resistance to high temperatures and pressures and its exceptional permanent elasticity.
Be on the safe side when it comes to sealing.
The hot gas parameters, pressure and vibrations in the generator lead to corrosion and oxidation of the sealing surfaces. In addition, the pressure of the hydrogen inside the generator is 5 to 8.5 bar higher than the ambient pressure. The BIRKOSIT Dichtungskitt® seal is guaranteed to withstand the hydrogen pressure.
Advantages at a glance:
- BIRKOSIT Dichtungskitt® meets all the requirements in terms of pressure resistance, temperature resistance, reliability, permanent elasticity, fluid resistance and ease of use.
- BIRKOSIT Dichtungskitt® has an exceptional ability to withstand the effects of extreme temperatures.
- BIRKOSIT Dichtungskitt® can be easily and quickly cleaned from the sealing areas when the generator is dismantled, saving time during inspections and speeding up the resumption of normal operations.
- BIRKOSIT Dichtungskitt® can also be used on surfaces in place of conventional seals, such as O-rings, flat gaskets, rubber seals, paper gaskets, asbestos seals, graphite seals and metal gaskets, or it can be used to reinforce seals with solid materials.
- With the help of the O-ring and BIRKOSIT Dichtungskitt® the sealing ring can be mounted with a radial inward bias against the radial sealing surface on the inside.
- Due to the pressure applied to this surface, BIRKOSIT Dichtungskitt® can allow for the pressure difference of the sealing ring by means of homogeneous surface pressure.